The Smart Sparrow platform has a helpful Progress Bar widget that can be copied from one of the BEST Network templates into any of your tutorials. Giving your students an indication as to how far into a lesson they helps them decide whether to stop and finish the tutorial later, or to stay and complete the lesson.
Set up the Progress Bar widget by following these steps:
- Create a layer by clicking NEW then Layer and an untitled layer will appear with an untitled screen underneath.
- Add the widget to the layer. Note, by adding the progress bar to the layer it will automatically appear on all subsequent screens.
- At this point build your tutorial until it is complete, or you have an idea of how many screens your tutorial will ultimately have.
- Calculate what percentage each screen would be by dividing it by the total number of screens. For example for screen 2 of 11, 2/11x100 = 18%
- For each screen click Initial State in the Adaptivity Panel
- Click Initial State +
- Click Click to change
- Select Progress_Bar, then percentages
- Click the blank box next to ‘is’ and in the array values box type the percentage in numbers.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 to 10 for all screens.
- Click preview to see that changes in the progress bar for each screen.
Watch our video tutorial for the setup of a progress bar: