In order to help you spread the word about the great work you are doing using BEST Network resources in your teaching, the BEST Network Management Committee would like to invite you to apply for one of the BEST Network Conference Travel Grants.
The BEST Network Travel Grants are available for international or national conferences where the applicant has been invited to present or has submitted an abstract for presentation on work related to the activities of the BEST Network. Written confirmation of the invitation to present or that the abstract has been accepted for presentation is required prior to payment. The BEST Network will award grants of up to $1,000 for a national conference and up to $2,500 for an international conference to help cover eligible expenses. Round one will award up to a total of $10,000 in travel grants.
Read below for information about criteria and how to apply.
- Funding is available for single events
- Round one will cover conferences that occur between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2016 only
- Applications close by 5pm 30 November 2015
- The BEST Network will accept applications for an event that has been partially funded for the same travel from a different funder, but the applicant must disclose the funder and amounts already received or committed
- In order to ensure all members have access to this funding, recipients of a grant are not eligible to apply for a second grant within the same calendar year
- These grants are not designed to fund laboratory visits or multiple stops on overseas trips
Selection Criteria Applicants must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria
- Answer all relevant questions in the application to demonstrate that the rationale for attending the event is clear and relevant to the goals of the BEST Network
- Be willing to share your learning resource with the BEST Network community
- Be prepared to dissemination your knowledge through either:
- Contributing a blog post to the BEST Network blog (200-500 words) OR
- Participating in a webinar about the focus of your presentation
Cost Estimates Applicants must provide cost estimates for all eligible expenses including vendor details in the application form.
- Airfares: a reasonable cost of return economy air travel to the conference/course by the most direct route
- Accommodation: a reasonable cost of required stay for the conference/course
- Ground transfers: these will be covered at flat rate of $50 for national travel and $100 for international travel
- All values must be in Australian dollars
- If the application is successful, the applicant will be awarded a grant of up to $1,000 for a national conference, or up to $2,500 for an international conference
- Copies of the original receipts for transportation, accommodation and registration/course fees must be kept by the applicant until 31 Dec 2016. DO NOT send them to BEST Network unless requested.
Payment to successful applicants
- Payments will be made from the BEST Network accounts, administered by UNSW Australia.
- Payment will be made to your institutions nominated account. We will arrange for your institution to invoice the BEST Network for the amount you are awarded and it will take up to 4 weeks from the time the invoice is received from your institution for the payment to be finalised.